What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for conscientious, enthusiastic and reliable individuals to join our Berkeley and/or San Francisco teams. Prior experience as a barista or other cafe/restaurant/customer service position is preferred, but not required. We welcome part-timers and full-timers, and request a minimum of 1 year of service with Asha.
Our team consists of passionate and hard-working individuals that are dedicated to building a culture of genuine friendship, open communication and continuous learning. Learn more about Asha and our team by visiting our website.
- Providing friendly and helpful customer service
- Taking orders and handling transactions
- Working with a small but varied team to prepare whole leaf tea and to craft tea beverages
- Cleaning and maintaining organized work stations
- Bussing and washing dishes
- Cleaning and maintaining tidy dining floor and bathroom areas for customers
- Reviewing team updates and attending staff training and other events as necessary
- Strict adherence to punctuality
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of efficiency and organization
- Impeccable teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Ability to readily accept and incorporate feedback
- Willingness to constantly strive for improvement
- A minimum of 20 hours per week of availability, and flexibility for scheduling
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Basic math and computer skills
- Relevant barista/food service/retail experience strongly preferred
Visit either of our locations, or e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Include a cover letter with your resume, and answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Are you applying to work at Asha Berkeley, or Asha San Francisco?
- Are you looking for long-term or short-term work?
- Are you looking for full-time or part-time work? If part-time, please indicate the number of hours you are available to work
- What do you know about Asha, and why do you want to work here?
Applications without a cover letter with complete information will be rejected immediately.